Tax consulting for import and export companies
Globalization in offices: Tax consulting for import and export companies
An owner of a company handling import or export of goods normally has extensive knowledge of the world of business. Occasionally, goods can be bought at a low price in one country and sold at a higher price in another country. Import and export companies see the opportunity to make a profit even after deducting transport and administration expenses while trading goods. Long-standing experience of import-export companies ensures that goods are transported and checked at a reasonable price and standards for contracts and payments simplify the administration. Their margins are often low, but high volumes generate profits. Yet, due to lack of knowledge, one can be caught unaware sometimes – if VAT or customs duties were not including in the price calculation and they suddenly and unexpectedly are due. This can quickly turn out to be an onerous situation and can soon lead to existential problems. It is therefore crucial to give attention to the fiscal and legal framework at the very start of doing business and to be aware of any the changes in advance.
Benefitax can provide you with with all the services that an internal finance department or an external tax advisor can offer, especially to medium-sized companies from the trade sector. The following services may be of special interest to import and export companies.
Services for import and export companies
- Expert opinions on VAT
- International income taxation
- Requirements related to expatriates
- Checking and accounting of travel expenses
- Intrastat reports
- Analyses of your business sector: Compare your business data with your competitors
- Your annual financial statements show impressive profits and yet there is shortage of funds. We help you increase your liquidity
- Your margins are too low and losses are apparent. What can you do? We offer business consultation, crisis consultation and restructuring consultation
- Monitoring of delivery thresholds in other EU countries
- Reliable calculation of provisions and accruals, cut-off, taxes, value adjustments. Even in the middle of the year if required
- We can be available at stock-taking upon request and monitor stock taking through random checks.
- Inventory valuation: Does it correspond to the fiscal provisions and are the different valuation options offered by tax law optimally used?
- Tax-efficient planning of employee benefits
- Information on tax-related obligations to submit records (e.g. in case of VAT-exempt intra-community imports and exports)
- Dunning process: We help you maintain an overview on your accounts receivables and help you with recovery
- For problems with accounts receivables, we offer various solutions such as individual value adjustments, flat-rate value adjustments or deleting the receivables from the books altogether and advice on the accounting and tax effects.
Contact us, if you want to know more about our services for import and export companies and to receive a proposal.